As a restaurant owner, do you capture your customers’ information such as their names, telephone and email addresses? It is not surprising that some restaurants operate for many years without knowing anything about their customers, let alone capturing any of their information.
It is important to capture your customers’ information if you want repeat customers for your restaurant. The reason is if you already have your customers’ email addresses, you can entice them to come back to your restaurant with coupons or special set meal promotion. An effective way of achieving this goal is using Email Marketing. It allows you to broadcast the coupons or promotion to many customers at one time and help you to track how your customers response. You can see from the email marketing report whether they have opened or even clicked on your email. However, before you can enjoy such benefits, you need to have your customers’ email addresses.
Steps to Capture Online Customers’ Information
So in this post, we are going to see how we can capture customers’ email addresses by implementing an email capturing form at your website. In this example, we are going to use the email capturing form from Constant Contact who is one of the leading email marketing service providers in the industry. You can create a free account with Constant Contact and test drive it for 60 days. Once you are logged into the account, you can follow the below step to implement an email capturing form on your website.
- At the homepage, click on the “Contacts” Tab and click on “Join My Mailing List”.
- Under “Add a Join My Mailing List Box to Your Website”, click on “Start Wizard to generate HTML code”.
- There are three options of email sign up form given, you can select any one you like. In this example, we select option number two.
- Click on the top right orange button “Next” to go to the next screen.
- You can change the text title from “Join Our Email List” to more interesting title, for example “Join Our Exclusive Club”.
- You can change the font, font size and color the text if your want to.
- Likewise for the Email field.
- If you like to have a color for your sign up form border, click on the paint icon to change the color.
- In this example, we uncheck the “SafeSubscribe label” and “Trust label” since we do not want to overwhelm the visitors with too much information.
- When done, click on “Preview” button to preview.
- Click on the top right orange “Next” button to finish.
- On the next screen, a piece of HTML code is generated which allows you to copy and paste it to your website.
- Click on the HTML code box and press the keys CTRL and A on your keyboard to highlight all the code.
- Right click on your mouse and select “Copy”.
- Go to your website and open the page where you want the sign up form to appear, for example “index.html”.
- Open the “index.html” with a HTML editor such as Dreamweaver and right click on your mouse and select “Paste” to paste in the code.
- Save the page and view it in the browser.
- You can now see your sign-up form on your web page as below.
Once you have the sign-up form on your web page, visitors who visit your website and sign up via this form will be automatically added to the database.
In the next post, we will talk about the different ways of attracting your visitors to sign up your form so remember to sign up our mailing list at the top right corner to have the tips deliver to your inbox.